Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I auto-populate a User List field with users defined in other fields

• 1.  How do I auto-populate a User List field with users defined in other fields

Posted 12-05-2019 11:30
    We have a form in our CRM which allows us to post client activity log entries. In the form we can add multiple users to a user select field so that they can receive notifications.

I need to pre-populate this field with users listed in other fields in the record/table the new record is related to. In this case, it would be the users defined in the fields [Account Manager], [Ad Production], [SEO Production], [Content Writer]. Thanks in advance for any help/advice!! 

------------------------------
    Matt Makris

• 2.  RE: How do I auto-populate a User List field with users defined in other fields

Posted 12-05-2019 11:44
    Matt,

I suggest you use Triggers from Juiced Technology.

www.JuicedTech.com

It is a great tool that lets you search other tables for information and then edit your fields with that data.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 3.  RE: How do I auto-populate a User List field with users defined in other fields

Posted 12-05-2019 11:47
    So you are saying that the parent record has a some user fields  and the child has a List User data entry field.  Why not just make a formula to combine them all, by formula into one field to be used for Notifications.  Post back if you need help with the formula.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: How do I auto-populate a User List field with users defined in other fields

Posted 11 days ago
    Mark - Could you provide instructions on how to create such formula for Notifications?

Thanks,
    Josette Trux

Josette Trux

• 5.  RE: How do I auto-populate a User List field with users defined in other fields

Posted 11 days ago
    if you want to combine several user fields into one UserList field, then the formula would be

ToUserList([User Field 1], [User Field 2], [User Field 3], etc   )

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com