Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Color coding by user on a calendar report

Posted 01-29-2020 11:13
    So we have about 6 sales people, and I'd like to generate a calendar report to see what they're all doing each week at a glance. That's easy enough. However, their activities are all the same color, so I looked into color coding the activities by user. The quick option doesn't list my "scheduled for" field (which is where the user's name appears, and how I filter the report), so I tried to write a formula, but i'm running into a formula error I can't seem to solve. Here's what I've done successfully in the past to get colors:

Case([Activity Type],"Collect Payment","#3cc151", "Courtesy Call","#a874cb", "Create Change Order","#6791a8",)​

So I tried to apply this idea to the users:

Case([Scheduled For],"USER1 NAME","#3cc151", "USER2 NAME","#a874cb",)​

USER1 NAME is actually the person's name as listed in qbase. I also tried using their associate email addresses.

So I get an error that says "Expecting user but found text." How else would I reference the user? Is this just not possible on reports?

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Chris Newsome

• 2.  RE: Color coding by user on a calendar report

Posted 01-29-2020 11:23
    Your field [Scheduled For] is likely in fact a User field type, not text.

Case([Scheduled For],"USER1 NAME","#3cc151", "USER2 NAME","#a874cb",)​

You can try this
    Case(UserToEmail([Scheduled For]),
    "fflintstone@bedrock.com", "#hex code", "brubble@bedrock.com", "other hex code")
    )

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Color coding by user on a calendar report

Posted 01-29-2020 11:31
    Once again Mark saves the day. Worked perfectly. I couldn't find an instance of this issue anywhere on the discussions. Hopefully this helps many more people.

Thanks,
    Chris Newsome