Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Formula refresh button issue

Posted 09-13-2021 10:11
    I used to have a refresh button that when clicked will save the record and then open the record in edit mode. This button was using javascript below.

"<a class='Vibrant Success' onclick=$('#RedirectURL').val(document.location.href.replace(/&rl=[a-z0-9]*/,''));$('[name=rl]').val('');$('#saveButton').trigger('click'); href='#'>Refresh</a>"

An alternative is to use below

var text rid = If([Record ID#]>0, ToText([Record ID#]), "%%rid%%");

var text url = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & $rid;

"<a class=\"Vibrant Primary SaveBeforeNavigating\" data-replaceRid=\"true\" href=\"" & $url & "\">Refresh</a>"

But, the issue is when you are editing a child record that is embedded in the parent and do not make any changes to the parent record the browser displays a pop up that "your changes may not be saved". Is there any alternatives to prevent the browser from displaying the popup and automatically save and open the record in edit mode (without using javascript).

------------------------------
    Karthik Sekhar

• 2.  RE: Formula refresh button issue

Posted 09-13-2021 16:11
    I noticed today that I was receiving that pop up in places where I never saw it pop up before I think that you should report this as a bug to the care team and see if they except it as a bug. It's quite possible it never used to behave this way.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Formula refresh button issue

Posted 10-27-2021 12:44
    Hi Mark,

QuickBase finally agreed that this is a bug and provided me with a Bug ID. They did not mention about any timelines as to when they will fix it. This is becoming a major issue for the users in my App. Is there anything we can do to get QuickBase attention so that they can prioritize it.

Karthik Sekhar

• 4.  RE: Formula refresh button issue

Posted 10-28-2021 10:05
    You could try and create a User Voice for it and get people to vote on it. Sometimes bugs are fixed quickly and sometimes bugs stick around for many years. It really depends how many users it is affecting.

• 5.  RE: Formula refresh button issue

Posted 11-16-2021 09:31
    I was able to finally get a solution from QuickBase. The idea is to have a field in the parent that always gets modified when the record is opened. In order to achieve this every time, you must create a formula text field called "Change From" with the formula ToText(Now()) & ToText(MSecond(ToTimeOfDay(Now()))). Then, create another field called "Change to" which will be a regular text field. Then add a form rule like below.

The value of Change From will always evaluate to the nearest millisecond. This means that the Change To will always get modified whenever you click the Refresh button. The formula for the refresh button is

var text rid = If([Record ID#]>0, ToText([Record ID#]), "%%rid%%");

var text url = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & $rid;

"<a class=\"Vibrant Primary SaveBeforeNavigating\" data-replaceRid=\"true\" href=\"" & $url & "\">Refresh</a>"

Karthik Sekhar

• 6.  RE: Formula refresh button issue

Posted 11-16-2021 12:10
    Thx for posting!

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com