Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Field Unavailable in Automations Criteria

Posted 10-05-2020 13:04
      |   view attached
    I'm trying to set up an automation with the trigger being, "when a 'Task' is modified and the 'Time Spent' field changes, yet is not blank." However, under "additional criteria" where I'm trying to say, "'Time Spent' is not <<blank>>", the system refuses to include the field in the dropdown.

You can see in the attached image 'Time Spent' is second to the last in the list of "any of the following fields change." However, it's not in the dropdown below. Why would this be?

The 'Time Spent' field is searchable. It's a duration field.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
    Ryan Farrington
    Graphic designer, project manager, copywriter, engraver, internal Quick Base developer
    rfarrington@experiencepinpoint.com

• 2.  RE: Field Unavailable in Automations Criteria

Posted 10-05-2020 14:09
    Try making a dummy helper  field of the same type with a blank formula and use that to compare in he Automation Filter.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Field Unavailable in Automations Criteria

Posted 10-07-2020 09:49
    I tried duplicating the field, but the duplicate doesn't show up in the dropdown list.
    I tried making a new text field, which did show up in the list.
    I tried changing the text field to a duration field, and it was no longer available. After changing the field type, the automation page displays an error:

time spent 3 (fid_1163_) Remove condition or a select different field

Apparently, it doesn't like working with duration fields. I'll just make another field that evaluates whether the time spent field was filled in and use that to filter the automation.

Ryan Farrington
    Graphic designer, project manager, copywriter, engraver, internal Quick Base developer
    rfarrington@experiencepinpoint.com

• 4.  RE: Field Unavailable in Automations Criteria

Posted 10-07-2020 11:28
    Ohhhh, yes I think I had the same problem with duration type fields.  I think you were right that automations don't play nicely with duration fields.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com