Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Creating HTML tables - non static data

Posted 09-03-2020 12:49
    I would like to group my data in a HTML table sort of fashion. The issue is that the data is not static text rather it is formulas and summary fields. the following picture shows the current state. 

TIA for any assistance

------------------------------
    Montgomery Hepner

• 2.  RE: Creating HTML tables - non static data

Posted 09-04-2020 09:13
    Hi Montgomery,

It is possible to pull in and aggregate data in a table or different format using a rich text formula field so it appears differently on a form (it usually doesn't look quite so good on a report so I suggest keeping it to on a form. I have done it in the past in a more simple form just to help format data to be more reader friendly but it can also be used to pull together a table that more matches a physical process you have. You can use a code like below in a rich text formula field just substituting in your own formula field names and either shrinking or growing it as needed:

"<table style\"width:100%\"; border=\"1\">\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Property ID"&"</td>\n\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&[Related Property]&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Total Payroll Variance"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&[Total Payroll (fixed/variable) VARIANCE]&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Institute / Department Name"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&[Formula Text Formatted]&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Benefit Variance"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&[Other Benefits VARIANCE]&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Region"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&[Formula Text Formatted]&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Project Owner"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&ToText(UserToName([Record Owner]))&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Project Requestor"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&[Formula Text Formatted]&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Leadership Name"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&ToText([Formula Text Formatted])&"</td></tr>\n\n<tr><td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Confidential?"&"</td>\n<td SPAN STYLE=\"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold\">"&"Your formula here"&"</td></tr></table>"​
    Then you would just need to name and style it as you like for your own data. Since it pulls in the field data you can use formula or summary fields so it doesn't need to be static. The only thing that can get a bit confusing is keeping up the tables if you fields are prone to changing and the initial set up of just getting all the right elements in place. I hope this little formula snippet helps to point you in the right direction.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 3.  RE: Creating HTML tables - non static data

Posted 09-04-2020 10:44
    Thank you Evan! I appreciate your help here. I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, Montgomery

Montgomery Hepner

• 4.  RE: Creating HTML tables - non static data

Posted 09-04-2020 09:41
    You might find this link helpful Montgomery:

link

Adam Keever