Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Formula Rich Text field containing fields

Posted 08-17-2021 11:58
    I am trying to create a Rich Text Formula field that will display as fields are completed. It's meant to show the user what a notification will look like when sent. However, the field references in my formula field are not displaying the text typed, just the field name. I am unsure what I need to do to get the typed text showing in place of the field name.

Here is my formula:
    "<p>Attached is [Call Forecasting Description] [Call Forecasting Purpose] and will be distributed by [Call Forecasting Distribution].</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p>Please share this information with your teams as appropriate. If you have any questions, please contact [Assigned To].</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p><b>When is the communication going out?</b>\n<br>\n&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *This will be sent to [Call Forecasting LOB] [Call Forecasting Audience].\n<br>\n&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *Exceptions - [Call Forecasting Exceptions].</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p><b>When is the communication going out?</b>\n<br>\n&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *The estimated mail drop is [Desired Due Date].</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p>Thank you</p>"

Here is the output on the form:

Attached is [Call Forecasting Description] [Call Forecasting Purpose] and will be distributed by [Call Forecasting Distribution].

Please share this information with your teams as appropriate. If you have any questions, please contact [Assigned To].

When is the communication going out?
          *This will be sent to [Call Forecasting LOB] [Call Forecasting Audience].
          *Exceptions - [Call Forecasting Exceptions].

When is the communication going out?
          *The estimated mail drop is [Desired Due Date].

Thank you

Any help is appreciated. I am so close but can't seem to figure out the correct syntax to use. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Amy Gosz

• 2.  RE: Formula Rich Text field containing fields

Posted 08-17-2021 12:25
    All you need to do is to end the quotes when you need to insert a field name, and then use the & character for concatenation.

"<p>Attached is " & [Call Forecasting Description]  & "  " & [Call Forecasting Purpose]  & " and will be distributed by " & [Call Forecasting Distribution]
    & "</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p>Please share this information with your teams as appropriate. If you have any questions, please contact " & [Assigned To]
    & ".</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p><b>When is the communication going out?</b>\n<br>\n&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *This will be sent to " & [Call Forecasting LOB]  & " " & [Call Forecasting Audience]

& ".\n<br>\n&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *Exceptions - " & [Call Forecasting Exceptions]

& ".</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p><b>When is the communication going out?</b>\n<br>\n&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *The estimated mail drop is " & ToText([Desired Due Date]) & ".</p>\n\n<p>\n</p>\n\n<p>Thank you</p>"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Formula Rich Text field containing fields

Posted 08-17-2021 15:12
    Thank you Mark! That was the one option I didn't try. I made one change and that was with the field "Assigned To". The &" "& function doesn't work with a user field so I had to adapt for that by creating a different field and using the new field created. All good though!

Amy Gosz

• 4.  RE: Formula Rich Text field containing fields

Posted 08-17-2021 15:56
    OK great!

you could have used

UserToName([Assigned To])
     to convert the user field to a name.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Formula Rich Text field containing fields

Posted 08-17-2021 16:00
    Good to know. I tried the ToText command but it didn't work. I will make note of your suggestion and change it if the users would like it changed.

Thank you again for the quick response on my question!

Amy Gosz