Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Form Button/ automation

Posted 02-05-2020 11:11
    I have a form that salesmen use to create quotes on. I want there to be an "order" button displayed only when the required fields are filled in, but want them to be able to save it whenever they want, so requiring the fields wont work because then they cant save it as they want. 

Right now I have an "order" button that I can show and hide with dynamic form rules, but I need to display text or something that lets them know what they need to complete yet, if the order button isnt there. What would be the best way to do this, a formula rich text field with all of my rules in it and then just have it display text with the fields needed? 
    Or is this something an automation could help with?

------------------------------
    Mike Klausing

• 2.  RE: Form Button/ automation

Posted 02-05-2020 14:09
    right so just a warning field that will calculate to the list of warnings or else blank, and then a form rule to hide the order button when there are warnings.

Here is an example of a formula Rich text warning field.

var text Warnings = List("<br>",

If([# of Trigger display item codes]=0,
    "No Trigger Display Items entered. Date of MFA Coding will be used"),

If(
    [# of Display type assignments]=0 and
    [# of Item collection assignments]=0, "No Display Types or Item assignments added!!"),

If([Total MP DT Key - # of Product Lines on Displays]=0, "No Product Lines have been loaded for the selected Display Types"));

If($Warnings<>"",
    List("<br>",
    "<font color=red>Warning!",
    $Warnings))

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com