Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to tie a notification to a report rather than a record

Posted 10-30-2020 10:54
    Hello! I am building a database to log returned items.  Each day, we might receive one or many returns.  Once logged and worked on our end, we need to send a notification to another team of all items that they need to specifically handle.  That team may need to handle one, many, or none of the returns in any given day.  They asked us to send one notification with a list of the items rather than separate notifications for each individual item logged.  How do I make that happen?

------------------------------
    Alexis Evans

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to tie a notification to a report rather than a record

Posted 10-30-2020 13:49
    If it would be OK to send them a report in the morning of all returns from yesterday, then just make a report of returns for yesterday and set up a Subscription to come daily.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to tie a notification to a report rather than a record

Posted 10-30-2020 15:43
    Okay, that was the direction I thought about taking. I know we cannot schedule subscriptions at a specific time, but is there an estimated time when the emails are sent once the daily subscription is in place? 

Thank you for your help!

Alexis Evans

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to tie a notification to a report rather than a record

Posted 10-30-2020 15:44
    My understanding is that they start processing about 3:00 am eastern time zone (midnight pacific time) and they are mostly all delivered by 8:00 am eastern.  That is just my experience.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to tie a notification to a report rather than a record

Posted 11-04-2020 08:09

Okay, thank you very much for the information!

Alexis Evans J

Proprietary