Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Show a report from another table in record, based on a range of numbers

Posted 07-10-2020 21:34
    I'm wondering if there's a way to have a report from another table show in a record, based on a range of numbers falling within a range of 2 other numbers.  

For example:  I have table A with 2 fields that are numbers.  Let's say they are called Low# and High#.   In table B, I have the same fields as well.  Is there a way I can have a report in table A's form, that will show me any records in table B where the 2 numbers fall within the range of the 2 numbers?

Say table A record #100 is Low# 500 and High# 1000.  Records that would show from table B would be ​Low# 600 and High# 800.  Or even Low# 500 and High# 1000.  But Low# 499 and High# 800 would not show, since the low # falls out of range.  

Is there a way to do something like this?

Thanks!​

------------------------------
    Dana Hauser

• 2.  RE: Show a report from another table in record, based on a range of numbers

Posted 07-10-2020 21:41
    There is a way to do that, but the user would need ot push a button to set a "User Focus" to see the results.  That would take about an hour to setup.  Contact me if you would like some one on one assistance to set that up.  Meanwhile in the background I'm thinking about that other puzzle you posted with trying to to match up Provider available times with Client available times.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Show a report from another table in record, based on a range of numbers

Posted 07-11-2020 14:17
    Hi Mark,

This post is similar to the other post, but I used number ranges rather than times to hopefully make it simpler.  If there is a way to do this like you suggested, then it would solve the issue I'm having.  I should probably delete the other post, since it's redundant.  

I could definitely use some help with this, can I contact you via your gmail address?

Thanks for your help.

Dana Hauser

• 4.  RE: Show a report from another table in record, based on a range of numbers

Posted 07-11-2020 14:36
    Yes, contact me via the email address in the signature line.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com