Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Using popup to control logic for API Button

Posted 09-02-2019 14:49
    Hi all,

I had a request from some users to create a button to request next phases of work to be scheduled....  I am hoping to be able to dynamically create a task request based on the input.  Here is what I would like to do but not sure if it is possible....

When a user clicks on the button Request Scheduling of Design Work a pop up appears (or it could be another page but I think a popup makes more sense) to ask the user which deliverables are required (the deliverables are a multiple choice field on the table) so I want to conditionally have those listed for the user to pick.

Based on the deliverables it would assign a task to one of two people or two seperate tasks to both of them.

What I mean by that is if we need interior design work completed the task gets assigned to Talia who heads up our interior designers.  If not it goes to MaryEllen who schedules our other installers.

I am not sure if all of this is possible.  The popup can just be throwaway data as I want to input it on the details section of the task request that I am creating via this API button

------------------------------
    Ivan Weiss

• 2.  RE: Using popup to control logic for API Button

Posted 09-04-2019 18:37
    I would not be able to help you with a pop-up modal asking you questions; but you can use fields on the Form to trigger when the user click a specific field option.

You can then use a formula-text field to develop the criteria by which you can import-from-csv the data in the formula by a Webhook when the record is saved.  I would do it this way because it sounds like you are going to need a lot of controlled if/then/else criteria based on the selections the user makes and the deliverable outputs needed.  Using a webhook means the automation fires once and actions only once (less likelihood of failing for some reason).

If the button to [request scheduling of design work] is not part of an existing table record, and rather it is a button on a home page; then you could build a table to store these "entries" as records and use them to create an importable record where you want them to be created in the formats you want.

If you need some more assistance with setting up this specific solution; I am happy to help over the phone.  Please note that I am in South Carolina and tomorrow (Thursday) we are expecting Dorian to hit us; so she may impact my availability.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454

• 3.  RE: Using popup to control logic for API Button

Posted 09-07-2019 06:23
    Sorry for the slow response but I do appreciate the help!  I think based on your email the right approach for me might be to create a field to choose what type of request this is and let a form rule complete the assigned to field.  Not ideal but it will work.

Ivan Weiss