Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Pipeline POST Body

Posted 07-14-2021 09:49
    What I currently have setup, is when a record is created, it creates a user name at my 3rd party service.

Here's a partial of what's in the body:

&clientName={{a.company_name}}&userName={{a.company_name}}&firstName={{a.company_name}}

What I want for &userName, is to have a QB company_name field, plus static word "Admin"

So I tried:
    &clientName={{a.company_name}}&userName={{a.company_name}} Admin&firstName={{a.company_name}}

But it's not adding that word "Admin", it completely ignores it.

I've never worked with JSON, and this was my very first time, and it all works great, I just can't add specific word to combine with an existing field name.

------------------------------
    Gene Gene

• 2.  RE: Pipeline POST Body

Posted 07-14-2021 13:52
    If you cannot get it to work in that way I think the simplest option would be to just create a formula field at the company level and have the formula concatenate the company name + Admin. Then use the formula field in place of your company name field for userName.

• 3.  RE: Pipeline POST Body

Posted 07-14-2021 14:37
    It does work in Webhooks, with the following formula, but QB is trying to merge into Pipelines, so I would like to get this migrated earlier than later, and would rather have with less steps, instead of adding complexity to it.

&clientName=[Company Name]&userName=[Company Name] Admin&firstName=[Company Name]

Gene Gene