Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  how to write the fumule

Posted 11-02-2019 18:35
    Hello
    Can i get help?
    I'm going to setup a report as blow:

Customer           Date                   Press Type        Press Serial Number      Sell Price           Factory Cost             Ocean Freight    Duty      Inland Freight    Total Landed Cost          Grossç   Gross Margin %

only thing i need help is how  create a single gross profit report by a customer (specific order number)? It would show:

Sell Price                                                                $xxx,xxx

Factory Cost                   $xx,xxx

Ocean Freight                 $xx,xxx

Duty                                $xx,xxx

Inland Freight                  $xx,xxx                           _______

Total Landed Costs                                                $xxx,xxx

Gross Margin                                                          $xxx,xxx

Gross Margin %                                                        xx.x%

------------------------------
    Liang xie

• 2.  RE: how to write the fumule

Posted 11-02-2019 19:10
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 11-02-2019 19:11
    If you have the data in a table of Sales where each record in the table represents a specific sale of a Press to a Customer, then you can create a specific form called perhaps, Invoice Format.  Use the form properties to lay out the fields in the correct order.  

You can also use text elements on the form to insert words or maybe underlines.  You can also use a blank text element to force a field to appear in the "next" column.  I usually set the text element to enable HTML and use <b> just to make a blank text element.

Then you can either print the record one record at a time at a time or else if you have a report, when you print the report, it will ask you if you want a regular report or to print one record per page.  If you choose that option you may select the form to use when printing.

In Forms Management can also associate a form (if you have multiple forms) to a report so when you use that report, you can control which firm is being used when viewing the record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: how to write the fumule

Posted 11-03-2019 08:11
    Liang,

I second what Mark said.  If the information in the report is from a single Quick Base record than you do not want a Quick Base report.  You should build a Quick Base form that shows just the information from the record.

If this needs to be shared outside of your realm, I recommend using Exact Forms Plus from Juiced Technologies to create an report that will give you a PDF or a Word Doc.

https://www.juicedtech.com/exact-forms-plus 

Don

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH