Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Restricting field access for reports by user

Posted 02-17-2020 11:31
    Is there a way to restrict certain users from being able to use a specific field in reports? I know on the field setting level you can uncheck the box that allows the field to be used in reports but that restricted everyone correct? I would like to just restrict certain users? 

Alternately, if reports are already made with that field in it and then that option is turned off in settings, will that field be removed from said reports? Or just restrict use for future reports?

------------------------------
    Chris Swirtz

• 2.  RE: Restricting field access for reports by user

Posted 02-17-2020 11:38
    Edited by Austin K 02-17-2020 11:49
    You can go to that fields settings and use the "Restrict access by role" in the permissions section. Set that role to have no access to that field and it will disappear from their reports. Just make sure they really do not need access to that field for anything else.

Edit: sorry it was really early and I should have read further, this will help for role but not by user obviously. I will still leave it here in case it has any value to you.

• 3.  RE: Restricting field access for reports by user

Posted 02-17-2020 21:18
    Chris,

Clearing the flag will not remove the field from existing reports.  

I am unaware of any way to control reports at the User level.  By the way, using the role feature does not prevent someone from using a report, it merely hides it in the folder structure for the table.  If they get an email link or know the QID, they can call it up.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH