Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Report Formulas

Posted 03-06-2020 16:58
    I'm looking to create a report formula for a report. We use this report to follow up on support tickets. For example, a Priority 1 call should be repaired in under 3 hours, so I need the report to show only calls that have not been created or modified within the last 3 hours, that way we can call the location or technician.

I know how to do this on a daily basis using report filters, but I really need this 3 hour mark so that I can send the list out to my employees.

------------------------------
    Katlyn Allen

• 2.  RE: Report Formulas

Posted 03-06-2020 17:16
    Create the report formula and once it is created it will be at the bottom of your field list in the regular report filters and you can then use it there. You just need to filter it based on your formula checkbox being equal to 1.

You want to go with a formula checkbox and filter your report based on this being checked to show those records. I am fairly sure this formula would work for you but let me know how it goes. It will show them once the duration of hours between the submission or the date modified is over 3. Hopefully I understood your request but let me know if I did not.

if(
    toHours(Now() - [Date Created]) > 3 or toHours(Now() - [Date Modified]) > 3, True, False
    )

• 3.  RE: Report Formulas

Posted 03-06-2020 17:35
    Formula error
    The field is text but the formula returns a bool result.

Otherwise, I think this is exactly what I was looking for. 

Katlyn Allen

• 4.  RE: Report Formulas

Posted 03-06-2020 17:45
    It sounds like the report formula was just left on the default of Formula - Text and a change to Formula - Checkbox should fix that for you.

It should not have any errors other than that assuming you are using the exact fields in my formula, Date Created and Date Modified.

• 5.  RE: Report Formulas

Posted 03-06-2020 17:51
    yes, that was the problem. thank you so much!

Katlyn Allen