Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-05-2021 15:43
    Hey Everyone,

I had a question on an issue I'm running into. I'm have a Schedules app that takes a Job and gets the Start Dates for all 4 phases of that job, as well as duration for each of those phases.

I'm trying to see If I can Combine all 4 start dates into 1 Start Date field to set as my start for the Timeline (Since Timelines only take 1 Start Date). Any suggestions on this? Ideas going forward? I've attempted creating an automation that breaks this up and combines it into another Table, which seemed to work temporarily, but now I'm getting Emails from QuickBase with the same error for that automation: 429 Error: Webhooks are exceeding the rate threshold. I'm guessing this is because i'm now creating too many records breaking this up? Because of this, i'm trying to do something different so I can get away from that automation. Any help would be appreciated, just trying to get this data to display on a calendar and Timeline report.

Thanks,
    Alex

------------------------------
    Alex Bennett

• 2.  RE: Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-05-2021 21:46
    I am confused here what you were trying to do. Are you saying that you have a project record and on that single record you have four date fields. But you were trying to present the project on a timeline report and the only way to do that would be to have for child records.
    If that is the case you should be able to have an automation that would fire when any of these dates are changed and the first step of the automation would be to delete any of the children.  And then the next four steps would be to re-create the four require children. That should not cause the Automation Webhook  rate to be exceeded, except if you are importing Projects in mass.  Is that the issue?  If so, there is a workaround to that.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-06-2021 10:12
    Hey Mark,

Yes, so I have a record that technically has 4 start dates on it, to account for each of those 4 phases. BUT for 7 different departments tied to that job... 
    So my automation takes all of those start dates 28 total for 1 record, and when the record is created, the automation triggers to send these all to another table where I'm able to combine them into 1 start date field to work for Timelines. Can this be done without an automation?

Alex Bennett

• 4.  RE: Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-06-2021 10:18
    1. Are you saying that you have 1 Automation which has 28 Actions? 
    2. Is the error happening when you mass create Jobs?  Or mass Trigger the Automation when you Grid Edit?   Or when you create them manually one by one?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-06-2021 10:47
    1. Correct.
    2. The error seems to happen at random, never when I'm creating jobs, when another user is. So I haven't nailed down when it occurs yet. Also, I get a notification from an automated QB Email, but whenever I go into the Automations, the column that displays the Error Count Last 7 Days is always 0? So I'm not entirely sure whats going on.

Alex Bennett

• 6.  RE: Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-06-2021 10:52
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 01-06-2021 10:52
    You will probably have to have customer care take a look at this with you because it sounds impossible that you could be notified of an automation error and yet there is no error when you look at the error history.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Timelines/Combining Dates into 1 Date field.

Posted 01-06-2021 10:56
    Hmm interesting, maybe a bug? 

I don't have that much experience with automations let alone errors in them so this is new to me.
    Would the automation fail if there were errors? It's still working as desired and haven't noticed any issues besides that random email notifying the error, but again, when I click it to view, the error history is 0.

Alex Bennett