Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Create Vertical List

• 1.  Create Vertical List

Posted 12-09-2019 13:44
    I have formula fields that give me a vertical list of numbers which is this: 

"<span style=\"font-size:11px; text-decoration:underline; width:1400px\">" &
    "<b>" &
    (List
    ("<br/>",
    ToText(([Minimum Record ID# Windows - Window Quantity])),
    ToText([Minimum Record ID# 2nd windws - Window Quantity]),
    ToText([Minimum Record ID# 3rd windows - Window Quantity]),
    ToText([Minimum Record ID# 4th windows - Window Quantity]),
    Etc...,
    null))
    & "</b>"
    & "</span>"

I have several of these formulas that I want to create another vertical list with these results if they have returned values.

When I did this I created a similar formula: 
    "<span style=\"font-size:11px;\">" &
    "<b>" &

var text VerticalList =
    (List
    ("<br />",
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)]),
    If([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)]=null , "", ToText([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)])),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Shutters Quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Cupolas Quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (walkdoor Options quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Insulation sq ft)])));
    If($VerticalList <> "",
    ""
    & $VerticalList)
    & "</b>"
    & "</span>"

My problem is I am getting gaps between my values. For example in the list above "windows quantity" and "walkdoor Quantity" have values but it puts a space in between them for where Vents quantity should be but doesnt have a value. how can I have that gap collapsed if its null? I tried to do that on the Vents quantity line but it hasnt worked yet.

------------------------------
    Mike Klausing

• 2.  RE: Create Vertical List

Posted 12-09-2019 14:56
    Edited by Adam Keever 12-09-2019 16:02
    You may try to tie that condition in with another. For example if vents = null return windows, else return windows and vents. This would remove vents when vents is blank.

Something like this:
    "<b>" &

var text VerticalList =
    (List
    ("<br />",
    If([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)]=null , ToText([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)]), (ToText([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)]), ToText([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)]))),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Shutters Quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Cupolas Quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (walkdoor Options quantity)]),
    ToText([Formula show fields with data (Insulation sq ft)])));
    If($VerticalList <> "",
    ""
    & $VerticalList)
    & "</b>"
    & "</span>"

Adam Keever

• 3.  RE: Create Vertical List

Posted 12-09-2019 16:30

This formula:

"<b>" &

var text VerticalList =

(List

("<br />",

If([Formula show fields with data (Windows  Quantity)]=null,[Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)], ToText([Formula show fields with data (Windows  Quantity)])),

If([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)]=null, [Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor  Quantity)], ToText([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)])),

If([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor  Quantity)]=null, [Formula show fields with data (Shutters  Quantity)], ToText([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor  Quantity)])),

If([Formula show fields with data (Shutters  Quantity)]=null, [Formula show fields with data (Cupolas  Quantity)], ToText([Formula show fields with data (Shutters  Quantity)])),

If([Formula show fields with data (Cupolas  Quantity)]=null,[Formula show fields with data (walkdoor Options quantity)], ToText([Formula show fields with data (Cupolas  Quantity)])),

If([Formula show fields with data (walkdoor Options quantity)]=null,[Formula show fields with data (Insulation sq ft)], ToText([Formula show fields with data (walkdoor Options quantity)])),

If([Formula show fields with data (Insulation sq ft)]=null, "",ToText([Formula show fields with data (Insulation sq ft)]))));

If($VerticalList <> "",

""

& $VerticalList)

& "</b>"

& "</span>"

Gives me this:

Thank you,
    Mike Klausing

• 4.  RE: Create Vertical List

Posted 12-09-2019 16:32
    you cannot use null to test a text field.

Yo nee this syntax

If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Windows  Quantity)]) = "" 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Create Vertical List

Posted 01-22-2020 10:47
    I've been working on this but havent got it to collapse the blank lines as of yet. both of these formulas still dont pick out the blank lines and collapse them.  I have tried these formulas: 

"<b>" &

var text VerticalList =
    (List
    ("<br />",
    If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)])<>"", ToText([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)])),
    If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)])<>"", ToText([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)])),
    If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)])<>"", ToText([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)]))));

If($VerticalList <> "",
    ""
    & $VerticalList)

& "</b>"
    & "</span>"

And: 

"<b>" &

var text VerticalList =
    (List
    ("<br />",
    If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)])="",ToText ([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)]), ToText([Formula show fields with data (Windows Quantity)])),
    If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)])="", ToText([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)]), ToText([Formula show fields with data (Vents Quantity)])),
    If(Trim([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)])="", ToText([Formula show fields with data (Shutters Quantity)]), ToText([Formula show fields with data (Walkdoor Quantity)]))));

If($VerticalList <> "",
    ""
    & $VerticalList)

& "</b>"
    & "</span>"

Mike Klausing