Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Custom formula for report

Posted 01-20-2022 15:26
    I would like to create a custom formula field in a report so the user only has to select one option and not three.

Right now I have a report that looks at three fields.  The assigned to field, the transferred to field and the reopened by field.  All of these are users fields.  The user running the report has to select the user they want to see records for three times, once for each field.

I would like to be able for them to select the user one time and it look at all three fields for that user.

Can this be done and how would the formula look?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Carol Mcconnell

• 2.  RE: Custom formula for report

Posted 01-20-2022 15:33
    Are you asking about an <ask the user> type report?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Custom formula for report

Posted 01-20-2022 15:36
    Yes.

Carol Mcconnell

• 4.  RE: Custom formula for report

Posted 01-20-2022 16:55
    So the answer is no but maybe yes. 
    It's not a way to use the same ask the user data entry from the user and evaluate three different conditions against it. I know you're trying to use a report formula which would be nice if it would work but there is no way to grab that user input from the ask the user to using the formula  :(

but,  if you really wanna go through the hoops to do this. You can set up a new table called user selection. It would have one field in it which would be a user field.  Create one record in the table. It will be record ID of one.  Then make a relationship between this table and your details table based on the reference field with the formula of 1.  Look up the user entered in the user selection record down to your details table.  Make a formula checkbox field down there which will be true if the user look up field from user selected is equal to any one of your three other user fields.  Call it [User Selected matches] 

Then put a report link field on your user selection record to show your details table but filter that embedded report where the [user Selected Matches] is checked.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Custom formula for report

Posted 01-21-2022 11:51
    Okay. Thanks for this. I'll look into this option.

Carol Mcconnell