Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-Picture Attachment Button

Posted 01-11-2022 11:46
    Edited by Michael Martin 01-11-2022 12:03
    Hello everyone,

I followed Kirk's Magic Buttons application tutorial regarding adding a button that allows you to add multiple attachments. The functionality seems to work overall well for what I am using it for except one odd mishap. 

If I use the custom multi-attachment button on a new record, it does not save the record ID along with any other related record information to the "Pictures" table I've created; however, if I use the native "Add Picture" button that was automatically created by the relationship between the two tables, it works as intended... The oddest part is, after I use the native "Add Picture" button, the custom multi-attachment button starts to work as it should if I use it AFTER using the native Add Picture button.

I hope this makes sense, I am newer to QuickBase so my terminology may be a bit off. Let me know if I can provide better information. Thanks everyone.

------------------------------
    Michael Martin

• 2.  RE: Multi-Picture Attachment Button

Posted 01-11-2022 11:51
    You will need to use form rules to suppress the multi upload button in Add Mode. The Kirk method will not work in Add mode.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Multi-Picture Attachment Button

Posted 01-11-2022 12:03
    Edited by Michael Martin 01-11-2022 12:03
    Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply. For my use case, the managers would only be adding photos in Add mode (assuming Add mode means "add new record"). The button will only work when the record is in edit mode is what I understand?

Michael Martin