Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Utilization Rate

Posted 01-15-2020 13:37
    I'm trying to create a KPI in Quickbase that will tell me the utilization rate for our entire crew. Basically I want every crew to have their own rate and then average that for the entire company. It would be calculated by dividing the number of working days in a month where that crew had a task assigned to them, by the total number of working days in the month.

For example Crew 1 has multiple tasks assigned to them for a total of 10 working days in January out of the possible 22 working days, giving them a 45% Utilization Rate.

I'm not sure how to exactly build this though.

Any thoughts/ideas would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Nathan Allan

• 2.  RE: Utilization Rate

Posted 01-15-2020 15:49
    I haven't done this personally, but probably the easiest way to do this is to create summary fields, to get the calculations, and then have those set to a report.

Ryan Stanford

• 3.  RE: Utilization Rate

Posted 01-15-2020 18:06
    Ya, that's not a bad idea. I've got a summary table that sums up my duration field, which is in days, and groups them by task start date month. Problem is, one crew could potentially work on 2 or 3 tasks on the same day if they're small. So my summary table is telling me that counts as 3 days when it really only counts for 1. How can you discern that yes they worked on the 10th for example, but no they didn't work on the 14th.

Nathan Allan

• 4.  RE: Utilization Rate

Posted 01-16-2020 12:05
    You will have to breakdown the duration into hours. This would allow you to sum more accurately and would also have the benefit of allowing you to see how many days were partial days of work.  You could have a field to convert the hours to days also so you can see days.

Jason Johnson