Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Edit a Record in a Different form and then stay on that form after saving

Posted 11-05-2021 12:42
    I am trying to create a URL formula button on a form that Edits the Record in a Different form and then stays on that form after saving. This formula returns me to the orginal form after saving. What do I add to to the formula that keeps me on the new form?

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &
    "?a=er&rid=" & [Record ID#] &
    "&dfid=29"

------------------------------
    George Bramhall

• 2.  RE: Edit a Record in a Different form and then stay on that form after saving

Posted 11-05-2021 12:51
    try this

var text EDIT = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&dfid=10&rid=" & [Record ID#];
    var text Display = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&dfid=10&rid=" & [Record ID#];

$EDIT
    & "&NextURL=" & URLEncode($Display)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Edit a Record in a Different form and then stay on that form after saving

Posted 11-05-2021 13:10
    Thanks Mark!! Ahuva???

George Bramhall

• 4.  RE: Edit a Record in a Different form and then stay on that form after saving

Posted 11-05-2021 12:55
    I solved this issue with a custom edit button using this url:
    URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&dfid=yourformID&rid=" & URLEncode([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

z=Rurl() should return you to the url from where you pressed the edit button, so in this case, the same form in display mode.

Ahuva Brown