Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Anchor Links

Posted 09-07-2021 14:30
    Hello,

Is it possible to create anchor links on forms? To have a button that will bring you down to a specific spot further down the form?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Mackenzie Phillips

• 2.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-07-2021 14:35
    Yes.  You can make an anchor tag as a Rich Text formula field like this and position it on the form near where you want to land the user.

"<a name=DealerClaim></a>"

Then suffix the URL that you are coming from with the #TagName

such as URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#​] & "#DealerClaim"​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-20-2023 10:57

I was just told by QB support that Anchor points (no longer?) work on legacy forms, but do work on New Forms.

I can confirm that the anchor tags are not working on a legacy form that I have, where I tried them.

FYI

Mike Blinkhorn

• 4.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-20-2023 12:28

I have Anchor links that are still working to jump to a spot in a long form.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-20-2023 12:36

Interesting.  The anchors I implimented only jumped to the top of the page, if they worked at all.  Contacted QB support and they said, "Unfortunately you cannot navigate to specific parts of the legacy form nor to a specific tab. This should be doable in new forms however!".

Mike Blinkhorn

• 6.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-20-2023 13:21

They still work in legacy forms in terms of anchoring, tabs are hit or miss but I don't believe those work. I still use anchors by putting text elements on legacy forms and giving it an html tag with an id like <p id='admin'></p> and then in your URL you can end it with #admin and it lands you where ever the admin id is. 

Chayce Duncan

• 7.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-20-2023 14:37

Thanks for both your help!  No luck on either try.  I've even tried it on a separate form thinking that the first form, which uses an ActiveTabs java script might be causing a conflict, but no luck.

At best it takes me to the top of the form, on the first click, and won't do it again even after a refresh.  To get it to even take me to the top of the page again I have to navigate off the form, then back on, and click the button again.

Mike Blinkhorn

• 8.  RE: Anchor Links

Posted 09-20-2023 16:38
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 09-20-2023 16:43

I checked my app and I see that the button which jumps to a spot on the form uses javascript.

But if it was useful you could re-display the record and jump to a spot on the form with a syntax like this.  

https://mycompany.quickbase.com/db/xxxxxx?a=dr&rid=" & [record ID#] & "#DealerClaim"

The DealerClaim is the tag further down the main tab

Rich text formula field

"<a name=DealerClaim></a>"

But it appears that the page would have to be refresh to reposition the page.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com