Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Subtotal and then subtotal again

Posted 02-08-2020 14:36
    I have a table report and have set it to sort and group on my users' names and that works great.  It summarizes the data for each user and gives me a subtotal for each user and the total for all users at the bottom. 
    I would like to get some greater granularity, and add a sort and group by city for each user.  I would like the report to have a subtotal for each person in each city and then the subtotal for each person in all cities he or she has.
    When I add the second "sort and group by", I lose the total per person.  Is there another way to do this so that I can have both subtotals?

------------------------------
    Chris Sipes

• 2.  RE: Subtotal and then subtotal again

Posted 02-09-2020 16:53
    Chris,

You need a Summary Report not a table report. The results are not real attractive but it will get you the answer.  Here is a screen shot of a possible configuration.  You might need quite a bit more depending on your business case.   If you want to really make it look good, then you will need to move up to a BI/BA tool like Tableau.  Reach out if you are interested in that solution.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 3.  RE: Subtotal and then subtotal again

Posted 02-10-2020 12:44
    Edited by Chris Sipes 02-10-2020 12:45
    Don,
    Thanks for trying.  The Summary Report and the table report seem to look pretty much the same once you do the sort and group. 
    You get subtotals per User-City, but you do not get the subtotal per User after adding the group by City.
    Chris

Chris Sipes

• 4.  RE: Subtotal and then subtotal again

Posted 02-10-2020 14:18
    Chris,

You are correct.  The subgroups do give you the granularity but they eliminate the higher totals.

Are you interested in a Tableau or PowerBI solution?

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 5.  RE: Subtotal and then subtotal again

Posted 02-10-2020 14:32
    Too much hard sell for me.

Chris Sipes