Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-13-2020 10:02

I have a button on the [NEW CASE] form that gives users the opportunity to create a new record [NEW KEY TERM] within another table which then populates the option list for [KEY TERM] on the [CASE] record. 

I have a button that works BUT i can't seem to get the RURL right - I want to return to the existing form/current record within the Cases Table

Cases Table = bpw9r2twc
    Key Terms Table = bp2kau43a

URLRoot() & "db/bp2kau43a" & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&dfid=2&bg=1" & "&z=" & Rurl()

Please help!

------------------------------
    Owen Morgan

• 2.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-13-2020 12:01
    When returning to the Cases table form, are you returning to a 'New Case' form with no record ID yet?​

Brad Lemke

• 3.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-13-2020 12:08

No ideally to the record they are starting from, or even more ideal, the box would be a popup

• 4.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-13-2020 12:20
    Owen, we must be missing something about what you are trying to do.

I just launch an Add Parent button and while in Add mode ( and having set my Table Properties Advanced settings to Automatically save Parent when child is added), I clicked to 

Add Child with this code

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_CHILD] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_7=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#]) & "&dfid=10"
    & "&z=" & Rurl() 

I was able to save the child and upon save was returned to the parent in edit mode.

How is your workflow different than mine?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-14-2020 04:28
    Thanks Mark, 
    That's part of the challenge. There is no relationship between the tables. [Key Terms] is a field in [Cases] that draws from the Key Terms table into a multiselect field. They are effectively tags on a record. So there is no parent/child in the scenario.
    The formula as I posted has no return string, I left it empty as nothing I tried worked. Ideally a window would pop up and then the key term could be added. Would love to be able to add as multiselect works "add new choice" but that requires a relationship which is not really necessary
    Owen

Owen Morgan

• 6.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-14-2020 09:31
    If the target was opened in a window, the original record would need to be refreshed in order for it to see any Key Terms added.

What if you added a new numeric field to the Key Terms table?  This numeric field could have the Case id carried into it via the link you provide to the user.  We'll call this field [UserCaseID] and pretend its' field id is 99

Link from Case to Key Term - *Formula URL*:
    URLRoot() & "db/bp2kau43a" & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&dfid=2" & "&_fid_99=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#]) & "&z=" & Rurl()

Now, in the Key Term table, create a custom save button that will submit the new record and redirect the user back to the original case id.
    New Button from Key Term back to Case - *Formula Rich Text*:
    var text URLOne = URLRoot() & "db/bpw9r2twc" & "?a=er&rid="& [UserCaseID] & "";

"<a class='Vibrant' style='font-size:14px; color:white; background:#6BBD57; white-space:nowrap; text-align: center;'onclick='RedirectURL.value=(\"" & $URLOne & "\");editform.rl.value=(\""&""&"\");DoSave();'>Submit and Return</a>"

Brad Lemke

• 7.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-17-2020 05:51
    Thanks - I may try this

Owen Morgan

• 8.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 04-03-2020 14:32
    Hi... what field are fid_7 and fid=10... 
    I am trying to accomplish this as well but do not know what fields need to go in the formula... Assuming they are record ID and such but cannot get it to work... 
    Thank you.

Amanda Torrisi

• 9.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 04-03-2020 16:00
    Amanda, I suggest hat you post a new question as it's not clear what you mean by "this as well"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 10.  RE: URL Button Return URL

Posted 01-13-2020 12:05
    Owen,
    Maybe leave out this

&bg=1