Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Issues with New Reports and Searching/Refreshing?

Posted 11-24-2020 21:02
    Has anyone else turned on the new report feature (I did it accidentally and now I am defaulted to it), and now finding all kinds of issues when you try to search the table or report? It will freeze, or simply not search, among other things. Additionally, when I switch back to the old report, sometimes it seems to get confused and not know if I'm using the old or new style.

I can't pinpoint anything or figure out a consistent issue, so I am not even sure what to go to customer support with. I just know something is quite wrong. Wondering if anyone else has been able to pinpoint the issue, so I know what to even report.

I am having all kinds of headaches with this new report feature, and quite frankly thing QB has forced it on us before it is ready. I'll create a user voice about it, so if you are finding the same issues please upvote in the user voice. If you have been able to pinpoint the issues, please let me know.

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Issues with New Reports and Searching/Refreshing?

Posted 11-25-2020 10:37
    A few weeks ago I noticed that every single report got flipped to the new type in any app I use. I have to manually switch each report I use back to the old style and it drives me nuts. I am the only one this happened to out of my whole team so it seems like it was flipped for my account somehow, maybe I did something.

I don't know if it is related but around the time this started happening I noticed that I need to click the User tab twice to see the users. The first time it loads a blank page, the second time it loads the users. Every single time. This happens on some other parts of Quick Base too. The other day I was not able to load form settings for a table. It just sat there and hung with black text saying "Loading...." up top and never loaded no matter how long I waited and I did refresh several times too. I just came back later in the day and it was able to load that finally. I know these are not the new reports but it is essentially a table report that is listing the forms and things like that, so maybe related.

• 3.  RE: Issues with New Reports and Searching/Refreshing?

Posted 11-25-2020 10:44
    The reason everything is flipped for you and no one else is due to a change in the October QB Update. They implemented a change where if you toggle on the new report in ANY table, it will toggle on the new report in ALL tables and reports.

This means you toggled on at some point, but no one else in your team has. Tell them NOT to touch that toggle button (or don't...because when you tell people not to do something...they do...This is my current internal struggle).

To turn off, you can also delete all cookies (or use a different browser). I tried this, but I think you have to do the full wipe/delete of all cookies and cache, including all your passwords....so I have avoided it.

They are trying to force people into the new report because eventually it will be defaulted. My frustration is that they are doing this before the new report is ready. It is still riddled with bugs and lacking features. I added a user voice, and suggest you do too. I am hoping with enough people they might listen.

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: Issues with New Reports and Searching/Refreshing?

Posted 11-25-2020 11:23
    Update:

At least in FireFox, I was able to clear all cookies and cache for only sites with .quickbase. This means I only lose my QB passwords so that was definitely worth it.

HOWEVER, it doesn't work. It appears to work at first because all your tables are back to the old style. Success! Until you realize that the toggle switches themselves don't switch back. You are staring at the old report, but the toggle switch is switched to new report. As soon as you refresh the page, QB thinks it is toggled on and boom, you are screwed.

Mike Tamoush