Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Save and Keep Working button

Posted 01-18-2022 09:54
    I've seen a post similar to mine but the thread was old.

I am looking to see if there is a way for me to make a Formula - URL or a Formula Rich Text button that will basically mimic the Save & Keep Working button. The roadblock I'm coming across is that I have report link table (from another table, of course) in my form in which a user can select options, put notes in, etc etc. 

Any time i try to use something like: 
    URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&dfid=2&rid=" & URLEncode([Record ID#])
    & "&rdr="&URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

it's asking me if i'm sure if i want to leave as the changes will be unsaved. Is there any way for me to make a Save & Keep Working button that will save the changes in the report link? Basically, i want to press it and refresh the page as once changes happen on the report link table, i have a pipeline running. The users have to refresh the page itself to see what the pipeline has done.

• 2.  RE: Save and Keep Working button

Posted 01-18-2022 12:58
    In the advanced settings of the table you need to check "Auto save when redirected away from the page." I think that might solve the issue you are talking about.

------------------------------
    Sean Connaughton

• 3.  RE: Save and Keep Working button

Posted 01-18-2022 15:53
    Seans solution may work, but if not you can use the new SaveBeforeNavigating class, assuming you have a rich text button as you mentioned. Generic example below.

var text URL = myURL

<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating' style=\"text-decoration:none; background: #688EB3; border-radius: 5px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 4px 0px 0px 0px; width:145px; height:22px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 0px solid #030404; font-size: 12px \"href='"
    & $URL
    & "'>Button Words Here</a>"

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: Save and Keep Working button

Posted 01-19-2022 13:37
    Edited by Tim T 01-19-2022 13:37
    Unfortunately, both suggestions did not work for me.

i have the table i'm using and the table where the report link is coming form to "auto save when redirected" but it did not work.

i paired the above with the SaveBeforeNavigating class and also did not work :|
    edit: both still asks me if i'm sure i want to leave the page as the changes will not be saved

• 5.  RE: Save and Keep Working button

Posted 01-19-2022 13:41
    Can you post your button code? And are you trying on desktop or mobile?

Mike Tamoush