Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Removing Add New button from table home page

Posted 02-12-2020 09:13
    Is it possible to remove the green "Add New" on a table home page? I don't want to take away the privilege all together, but more so force a user to create new records in that table using "Add New" buttons created within other tables and reports.

------------------------------
    Chris Swirtz

• 2.  RE: Removing Add New button from table home page

Posted 02-12-2020 10:31
    Yes.  In the role settings  for manage Roles, there is a tab for User Interface.  You can remove the Add button without taking away Add Permissions.  This is a common good practice where you only want the user to add children by launching off a Parent record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Removing Add New button from table home page

Posted 01-18-2023 14:54

Hi!

I have this exact setup in my app and it works great ... sometimes.

I'm running into issues with dropdown lists - for example:
    Three tables - Customers, Work Orders, Products
    - User is viewing a customer record.
    - User clicks the "Create a new work order request" button which creates the related child record.
    In the New Work Order form, there is a dropdown list where the user needs to select the (related) product for the work order. In that related products list, they don't have the ability to add a new product if it isn't already listed in the product table. 
    Is there a way around this?

The column on the User Interface screen says "Hide Add Button/Links" which is disappointing. Is there a way to hide the button yet allow the user to create a related child record from the dropdown list?

Karen Henke

• 4.  RE: Removing Add New button from table home page

Posted 10-18-2023 15:09

Hey Karen, did you ever get a solution to this? I am looking for a similar scenario. 

John Tucker