Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Exact Forms - Include a report ONLY IF there is related data?

Posted 12-16-2019 12:05
    I have an exact form that has an embedded report. Right now, my form needs are pretty simple, so I just use the ~ThisIsMyReport~ syntax.

There will be times when the related report does not contain any data though and I would like for the table to be completely excluded in that case. As of right now, it prints the table headings and says "no data found."

Is there a way to conditionally omit the entire table?

------------------------------
    Heidi Beach

• 2.  RE: Exact Forms - Include a report ONLY IF there is related data?

Posted 12-19-2019 13:52
    Hi Heidi:

You can do this by copying your exact form so you have one with the embedded report and one without the embedded report.  You then create a summary field that counts the number of child records you have for the embedded report.  You then edit your "Print Exact Form" button so it has a formula something like the following:

If([# of Orders]=0,

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&sfid=23&pagename=" & URLEncode("IntroLetter2.html") & "&clist=a&rid=" & [Record ID#],

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&sfid=23&pagename=" & URLEncode("IntroLetter.html") & "&clist=a&rid=" & [Record ID#])​

Here is a video that goes over the whole process.

We cover things like this in our daily "Office Hours" webinars held M-F at 1pm Eastern time.  Register

Kirk Trachy

• 3.  RE: Exact Forms - Include a report ONLY IF there is related data?

Posted 02-21-2020 14:04
    What is sfid? In the ABC app the formula uses sfid=23 and I do not know what this is doing.

Adam Keever

• 4.  RE: Exact Forms - Include a report ONLY IF there is related data?

Posted 02-21-2020 14:32
    I know sfid must be a numeric value and it is used when you want to save the output of the exact form in a file attachment field. The number you use would be the field id of the file attachment field. Not sure if it has other uses but that is one I have seen. Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

• 5.  RE: Exact Forms - Include a report ONLY IF there is related data?

Posted 02-21-2020 14:36
    Thanks Austin. That just dawned on me seeing the file attachment field ID was 23 in the ABC app.

Adam Keever

• 6.  RE: Exact Forms - Include a report ONLY IF there is related data?

Posted 02-22-2020 10:15
    Heidi,

I recommend Exact Forms Plus from Juiced

https://www.juicedtech.com/exact-forms-plus

It is very flexible and lets you customize the messaging when the subtable in your document has no data.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH