Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Summary field to Formula Multi-Select Text field

Posted 07-14-2021 14:42
    Here's the setup:

Application A has a semicolon delimited summary field called LOB Summary.  It can be any combination of up to 126 lines of business

Application B has a multi-select field that contains 9 options.

I'm trying to create a field in application A that will translate that LOB Summary into a usable format for application B.   I used the following formula based on a previous post.  There's more to it but you get the jest.  The problem is that it's throwing an error saying it's expecting textlist but found text.  Do I just need to remove the "totext" from the formula below, or how do i get that to work.

List(", ",
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"All Sales and Distro"),"Retail/COR"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"AT&T Retail"),"Retail/COR"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"National Retail - Mobility"),"National Retail"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"Authorized Retail"),"Authorized Retailer"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"Online Call In"),"Online"),

------------------------------
    Michael Sargent

• 2.  RE: Summary field to Formula Multi-Select Text field

Posted 07-14-2021 15:21
    try this
    Split(  // wrap in Split
    List("; ", // change the separator to a semicolon
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"All Sales and Distro"),"Retail/COR"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"AT&T Retail"),"Retail/COR"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"National Retail - Mobility"),"National Retail"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"Authorized Retail"),"Authorized Retailer"),
    If(Contains(ToText([IntakeID - LOB Summary]),"Online Call In"),"Online"),

etc
    ) // close the Split

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com