Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Combining formulas on one field

• 1.  Combining formulas on one field

Posted 06-12-2020 14:49
    Is there a way to combine or have the following 2 formulas on one field?  I am currently using 2 fields with Dynamic Form Rules on when to show one over the other.

Current Formulas in 2 Separate Fields:
    If(Year([Maximum Current Contract Date] )>=Year(Today()),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")
    and
    If([Maximum Current Contract Date]<AdjustYear([Maximum Current Contract Date],1),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")

And what I would like is something "like"- I know the following is NOT written correctly:
    If([CRUISE CLUB]="HL","ASC","ANC)and(Year([Maximum Current Contract Date] )>=Year(Today()),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")
    If([CRUISE CLUB]="TT","CruzVTT","TAN")and([Maximum Current Contract Date]<AdjustYear([Maximum Current Contract Date],1),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")

Also, what would really make my day even better :) is if it could also have this (which again is NOT written correctly):
    If([CRUISE CLUB]="GRT","RWP","VSA"),"CXL-ENROLL IN CRUZVTT"

There may be a better way of doing all of this and I am very open to any suggestions.  

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Kim Cameron
    Admin/Sales
    Vacation Tour & Travel
    Conway AR

• 2.  RE: Combining formulas on one field

Posted 06-12-2020 15:48
    For your first case:

If(Year([Maximum Current Contract Date] )>=Year(Today() and
    [Maximum Current Contract Date]<AdjustYear([Maximum Current Contract Date],1),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")

For the other cases, are the values "HL","ASC","ANC", "TT","CruzVTT","TAN", and "GRT","RWP","VSA" all requires or any of the values is required?

Paul Peterson

• 3.  RE: Combining formulas on one field

Posted 06-12-2020 15:54
    I think I am understanding you...the CRUISE CLUB field is a required field and it will be filled with one of the values listed.  I can make it not required because I am the only one with access to the table...I just pull data from that table into the customer table.

Thanks,
    Kim

Kim Cameron
    Admin/Sales
    Vacation Tour & Travel
    Conway AR

• 4.  RE: Combining formulas on one field

Posted 06-12-2020 16:16
    Try these:

If(Contains(List("HL","ASC","ANC","TT","CruzVTT","TAN"), [CRUISE CLUB]),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")
    If(Contains(List("GRT","RWP","VSA"), [CRUISE CLUB]),"CXL-ENROLL IN CRUZVTT")

Paul Peterson

• 5.  RE: Combining formulas on one field

Posted 06-12-2020 17:09
    I think that the formulas should be

If(Contains(List(",", "HL","ASC","ANC","TT","CruzVTT","TAN"), [CRUISE CLUB]),"ACTIVE","INACTIVE")
    If(Contains(List(",", "GRT","RWP","VSA"), [CRUISE CLUB]),"CXL-ENROLL IN CRUZVTT")

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com