Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Pulling data (Look up/Summary)

Posted 11-03-2020 17:06
    Hey guys,

I'm attempting to pull some currency data from one table into another ( Jobs -> Schedules ). In the Jobs table I have a job that shows Multiple departments (Plumbing, HVAC, Radiant, etc) 7 total. On the Job Table, the data is split up into categories (Sub, Rough, Finish, Close), and that data is also divided in a Currency amount based on estimated Labor costs/budget for those 4 categories for that specific department. For Ex: Plumbing will have $XX.XX estimated budget for Sub, Rough, Finish, and Close). I'm trying to pull all Labor Budget data from each department into a separate table to estimate duration based on average hourly wage and # of employees assigned to that job phase. ​I've managed to combine some fields in the Jobs table to be able to display totals of what I want. However, I can't seem to figure out how to only get a certain departments totals to display, right now it is just displaying ALL Totals of those Labor costs across all departments by phase(photo attached). I've tried changing my look ups, changing different options and I either get no data to display, or it is just the Overall total of labor costs by phase displaying on every department, even when the current job only has one department involved in the job. I'm struggling to understand my next steps on how to accurately pull that data over and display it for each department based on their totals, and if they are not involved in that job, and have no budget assigned, it will be left blank and not included in the calculations for the duration/calendar. So each department already has their estimated labor costs for Sub, Rough, Finish and Close on the Jobs Table. But I either get blank fields, or a Total on all department fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've reached a roadblock!!

Thanks!!!

------------------------------
    Alex Bennett

• 2.  RE: Pulling data (Look up/Summary)

Posted 11-04-2020 10:13
    Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas for this issue? Definitely struggling with this one!

Thanks guys!

Alex Bennett

• 3.  RE: Pulling data (Look up/Summary)

Posted 11-04-2020 10:18
    I could work with you in a one on basis to work through this if you like. It could be that an hour or so of consulting time would get you unstuck.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Pulling data (Look up/Summary)

Posted 11-04-2020 10:25
    What are we talking for cost?

Alex Bennett

• 5.  RE: Pulling data (Look up/Summary)

Posted 11-04-2020 10:46
    You can contact me directly by the email address in my Signature line on these posts.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com