Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  File uploading from a webpage

Posted 02-08-2020 14:05
    I'm looking to have prospective employees upload required documents to Quickbase, and what the best method would be.

They would be given a URL to go to an upload page, this page would have the RID of their record, and any related info.  The base64 requirement is my only concern.  Is there an add-on or method that would help with this?  The prospect would be uploading files that may not be base64, so is there a way to convert them behind the scenes, or have it upload to Dropbox, Google Docs, etc, and then have it somehow have it upload to the field from there?  

Any suggestions or ideas on the best way to go about this?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Dana

------------------------------
    Dana Hauser

• 2.  RE: File uploading from a webpage

Posted 02-09-2020 11:20
    Hi Dana,
    What is the reason to convert the files. I upload files (attachments) to quick for all kind of files with no problem.  Are you saying that files that are not base64 cause problems?

sckaram sckaram

• 3.  RE: File uploading from a webpage

Posted 02-09-2020 11:22
    Sorry Dana - I just realized you would like to upload from an external web page.  What language do you want to use on the back end?

sckaram sckaram

• 4.  RE: File uploading from a webpage

Posted 02-09-2020 11:58
    Thanks for your reply sckaram.  I've been testing this morning and it seems to be working fine without worrying about the files.  I've uploaded a variety of different files, with no issues.

I'm not familiar with how base64 works exactly, but I don't think it's going to be an issue.  I am using HTML and providing a user token, which is working fine.  Hopefully, I'm good to go.

Dana

Dana Hauser