Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Security Concern. Help.

• 1.  Security Concern. Help.

Posted 09-16-2021 14:53
    So I recently got an email from Ed Jennings, the CEO, alerting me about an incident where-in one the employee emails was used for a phishing scam. They went into detail about what they did to stop it and what I should do and so on.

However...

The email they provided to ask further security-related questions, security-awareness@quickbase.com, was deemed no longer valid by my outlook client. Now I'm worried if this email alert itself is fraudulent. And the fact that I do not see any alerts in my admin console for my realm makes me more suspicious.

------------------------------
    James Dalton

• 2.  RE: Security Concern. Help.

Posted 09-16-2021 15:00
    Edited by Evan Martinez 09-16-2021 15:00
    Hi James,

I can confirm for you that the email you received is indeed a valid email. The incident really did happen and that email was sent out by us to all customers to be transparent about the incident. That email included security-awareness@quickbase.com is one managed by our Security team. We didn't put anything in the admin console since this was a notice to all of our admins, those impacted got more direct communication.

Evan Martinez

• 3.  RE: Security Concern. Help.

Posted 09-16-2021 15:10
    Hi Evan,

Thank you for confirming that email was valid. 

I will reach out to the security team.

Thanks Again!

James Dalton

• 4.  RE: Security Concern. Help.

Posted 09-16-2021 15:38
    Hi James,

Happy to help, and certainly let me know if you have any questions in the future on stuff like this.

Evan Martinez