Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

• 1.  Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 04-02-2020 13:45
    Hi everyone! 

Does anyone know how to add multiple lines to a Quickbooks invoice via a pipeline? Is that possible? 

For example, I have a Job record in Base that generates a Books invoice via a pipeline. The Base record has multiple child records that I need to be able to insert as multiple line items in the Books invoice. 

Thank you! 

#quickbooks #Pipelines #channels

​​​​​

------------------------------
    Elena Larrabee

• 2.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 06-04-2020 20:58
    Hi Elena,

I am trying to figure this out right now with either pipelines or zapier. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Manny Hernandez

• 3.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 06-04-2020 21:41
    Edited by Manny Hernandez 06-04-2020 21:42
    It does work in pipelines. You just have to perform a few steps

1. STEP A. trigger your pipeline, in your master table, however you want. I usually create a button that triggers a checkbox.
    2. STEP B. quickbase search records 
      1. look for child records that contain the master table "related id"
      2. for example, I look for all line item records that contain the same related work order Id number as step 1.
      3. this will help "query" your line items
    3. STEP C. create an invoice Quickbooks step
      1. Lines* (list) is the place where you enter the objects from step 2. 
      2. pipelines will automatically iterate through each line.

done.

Manny Hernandez

• 4.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-22-2020 16:01
    Manny,
    Thank you for this, its very appreciated.. it worked perfectly except for one thing. In the Quickbooks channel's "Lines (list)" section, I can't figure out where to map a "line item cost" field to the "Rate" field in Quickbooks. It has a field to map "Amounts" for the total for the line item, but nothing i've tried will send anything to the Rate field. It sends Quantity, Name, SKU, and Description (and even Amount) perfectly for each Child record in a given Parent record, but nothing for the actual Rate. So as it is, it creates the invoice and all of the line items, and each one has a name, description, quantity, and total, but the Rate field is left blank. Have you come across this issue?

Sam Cole

• 5.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-24-2020 12:20
    Sam,

I did have the same issue. Unfortunately no luck with making the native fields work. Seems like those filelds are missing in the pipelines.

I did have a workaround that I am using for now until they fix it. I made a formula text field where I combine the rate and amt beneath the description. See attached photos. Not the best fix - but it will do for now. 

formula text field.

Manny Hernandez

• 6.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-24-2020 13:24
    Thanks Manny. I've also opened a support case and given them all the info. Hopefully they'll get it corrected soon

Sam Cole

• 7.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 01-28-2021 09:09
    Edited by Jessica Feauto 01-28-2021 09:09
    Hey Sam,

Any update on them adding Rate to the Pipeline for Quickbooks?  This is a really ridiculous thing to not be able to do.

Jessica Feauto

• 8.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-14-2023 13:37

I know this is an old post but I am running into an issue.  When I follow this, it is creating sequential invoices.  It finds the first record and creates an invoice.  Then it finds the second record and creates another invoice with both line items, then the third.  So if it finds 10 records, it creates 10 invoices.

Joseph Mahon

• 9.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-14-2023 13:44

Hi Joseph, do you by any chance have your "create invoice" step running in the "for each" loop after you query your individual line items? 

Elena Larrabee

• 10.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-14-2023 13:56

Yeah I think I do actually now that you say it.  I can't figure out how to do it differently though.  Because of our set up, I have this pipeline as a few steps.  I plan to schedule it.  So it will search on the same day every month Here is the set up:

A. Create a record in the invoice table (Parent)

B. Search for records in the child table that have not been invoiced

C. Relate records in step B to newly created parent invoice in step A and mark them as having been created

D.  Search for records in step C that are related to the record created in step A. (While writing this, not sure if I need this step)

E.  Create Quickbooks Invoice. 

Joseph Mahon

• 11.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-14-2023 14:17

I figured it out!  Thank you for your help.  Sometimes it just takes a little nudging.  You were correct.  I just needed to move the last two steps out of the "For Each" loop!

Thank you!

Joseph Mahon

• 12.  RE: Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Posted 08-28-2023 00:31

I am now having a hard time trying to update an invoice.  I have created an invoice and now have a pipeline to update the invoice but every time the pipeline updates the invoice, it just overwrites the top line. 

Joseph Mahon