Discussions

View Only

Grandparent->Parent->Child - User Not Being Directed Back to Grandparent Upon Save

• 1.  Grandparent->Parent->Child - User Not Being Directed Back to Grandparent Upon Save

Posted 08-24-2021 13:22
    I have 3 tables set up so that there is a Grandparent, Parent, and Child. (Grandparent->Parent->Child)

When a user is on the Grandparent form and clicks the button 'Add Parent', it takes the user to the Parent form. They are then able to fill out the form and when they hit 'Save & Close' are redirected back the Grandparent form.

There is also a button on the Parent form for 'Add Child'. This works the same way as listed above - the user is navigated to the form, they fill it out, and are redirected back to the Parent form upon clicking 'Save & Close'.

I am happy with the two sequences above. My issue occurs when the following happens:
    1) The user starts on the Grandparent form and clicks the button 'Add Parent'
    2) The user fills out the Parent form and clicks the button 'Add Child'
    3) The user fills out the Child form and clicks 'Save & Close'.
    4) The user is then redirected back to the Parent form.
    5) The user finishes filling out the Parent form and clicks 'Save & Close'.
    6) The user is NOT redirected back to the Grandparent form, but instead is redirected to the view mode of the Parent Form.

Step 6 is my issue. I would like the user to be redirected back to the Grandparent form when saving (regardless of whether they added a 'Child' record or not).

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

------------------------------
    David Malos
    ------------------------------