Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  LOOKUP FIELDS IN FORMS

Posted 11-21-2019 14:39
    I HAVE A INSPECTIONS TABLE AND A  VIOLATIONS TABLE.  I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE VIOLATION WHEN CREATING A NEW INSPECTION.   HOWEVER, INSPECTIONS CAN HAVE SEVERAL VIOLATIONS.  WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SET THIS UP?  I MADE A LOOKUP FIELD FOR VIOLATIONS BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD MORE THAN ONE.  OR MAYBE THERE IS A BETTER WAY.

------------------------------
    Becky Moore

• 2.  RE: LOOKUP FIELDS IN FORMS

Posted 11-21-2019 15:19
    Edited by Adam Keever 11-21-2019 15:32
    You want to create a relationship where one inspection can have many violations. Then you can add multiple child violation records to an individual parent inspection record.
    Here is what it would look like on a form:

You can change the settings so that you can add multiple child records from the parent record form:

Then it will look like this:

Adam Keever

• 3.  RE: LOOKUP FIELDS IN FORMS

Posted 11-21-2019 16:57
    Becky,

Do what Adam said.  He has laid out the whole architecture for you.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 4.  RE: LOOKUP FIELDS IN FORMS

Posted 01-07-2020 15:18
    Thanks Adam, I think this is an easier way to go. But I have a condition, if there are multiple fields in the child table and on the parent table I want to display certain fields based on certain conditions, say if a check box is checked only show 2 out of 3 fields from the child table when add button is clicked on the parent form. How does that work?

Raj Helaiya

• 5.  RE: LOOKUP FIELDS IN FORMS

Posted 01-07-2020 15:53
    You would need to use dynamic form rules in the form settings:

You may need to use a formula field to compute a result for multiple conditions and then apply a dynamic form rule to that formula field depending on exactly what it is you need to do.

Adam Keever