Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 13:29
    Edited by Robert Rufli 08-02-2020 13:47
    I have 2 automation's set up for the same table.  They run when a new record is added and to run table to table import, the difference is based on one field that is a multi-choice, for some reason it runs the Automation based on the fields previous value.  Any ideas why ?
    Sorry meant Automation  
    ------------------------------
    Robert Rufli

• 2.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 13:48
    When you set up an Automation you have a choice to use the current or previous value from the Trigger Record. Perhaps you inadvertently  chose Previous value.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 13:52
    Edited by Evan Martinez 08-03-2020 13:50

I don't see where that choice is made ?

Robert J Rufli 

2019_FBO-Charter-Email

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The contents of this message may contain confidential and proprietary material of Pentastar Aviation, LLC and its affiliates, and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.  Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.  If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments.

• 4.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 14:24
    It's a bit obscure. When you look at the options to select a field from the Trigger Record, there is a set of current values and a set of previous values. Under separate headings.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 14:44

Sorry I just do not see that in any of these field select dropdowns ?

Robert J Rufli

• 6.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 14:49
    Are you saying that the saved table to table import is using the wrong value?  If so what I was referring to was incorrect. 

If you have two Automations set to trigger at the same time, note that you cannot control the race to see which will run first. They do not run in order.   Is that your situation?  If so, you need to make one Automation with multiple actions to be sure they run in the correct sequence.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 15:12

Oh I think I get that .  I do have 2 Automations set to run when a record is added to the meetings table, the difference is that they have different additional conditions for the same field. If the field  "Type" of the meeting is set to "Board Meeting" I want one set of members added to the Members attending table.  If the "Type" field is set to "Executive Committee" at time of adding the meeting record then I want a different set on members all from the Board Members table.

Robert J Rufli

• 8.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 15:18

It seams to be firing the Automation based on the "type" fields previous value not the value set at the time the new record is added to the meetings table.

Robert J Rufli

• 9.  RE: Animation

Posted 08-02-2020 16:56
    Someone will have to take a look at your Automation. You can try Customer Care or I don't mind having a quick look.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com