Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Salesforce fields not importing correctly when SF object using lookup command from other SF object

• 1.  Salesforce fields not importing correctly when SF object using lookup command from other SF object

Posted 11-11-2019 16:21
    I have a client that uses Salesforce and I'm attempting to setup a table that is linked to an internal Salesforce object.  I've set the table up with no issue, selected fields, etc and it all works with the exception of certain fields.  Any field within the SF object that is pulling data from another SF object (lookup field) is not transmitted as text, but as an internal SF code of sorts.  For example the SF object has a field called "accounts" that lists their customers account name.  This is pulling the name from another SF object via lookup where the account name resides.  If I look at the object in SF, I see the name, however when I pull the data from this object into QB, I get a series of alphanumeric characters that are essentially gibberish to me.  Is there any way to correct this, or will QB only import basic text data from SF?

------------------------------
    Jeffrey Jones

• 2.  RE: Salesforce fields not importing correctly when SF object using lookup command from other SF object

Posted 11-13-2019 11:40

Hello Jeffery, 

The reason that you are getting a string of alphanumeric characters is that is the Salesforce record ID. The value in a lookup field in SFDC is actually the id of the connected record not the name. Salesforce in their UI converts the record id value into text when you load the page. To pull the right value through the connection you will want to have them create a formula field that takes the name of the parent object as opposed to the id.

Example: If I'm trying to get the name of the connected account from a case inside of SFDC, I would create a text formula that has account.name and then use that custom field to pull the correct text value into QB. 

Hope this helps 

Ian

Ian Lawson