Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Change related field from Record ID to text

Posted 01-07-2022 15:54
    We have several child tables to a single parent table. When it shows the related parent table, it lists it as a numerical value (Record ID). For example, the related location to a specific permit is 14. I would like it to list the name of the related location. I have tried using the record picker option, but it still shows as a number on the default report.

Any help on how to do that?

------------------------------
    Kandice Bailey

• 2.  RE: Change related field from Record ID to text

Posted 01-07-2022 16:32
    When you look at your relationship, you will be able to create a lookup field. In this case, you can add the name of the location as a lookup field. Then you simply display that lookup field on your report. Additionally, in the lookup field properties you can select 'Display as a link to the related record', if you want to have the link available.

Finally, to take it a step further, in the related location properties, you can set that lookup field as a 'proxy field'. That means, on your form you can actually select the parent using that field (so when you save and view, it will also show the name instead of the record id).

Mike Tamoush

• 3.  RE: Change related field from Record ID to text

Posted 01-10-2022 14:18
    Thanks so much! That is exactly what I needed.

Kandice Bailey