Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Who created a table

Posted 04-28-2020 09:36
    We have multiple admins on our team and I want to find out who created a particular table. Is there a way to do this?​

------------------------------
    Mannie Kaur

• 2.  RE: Who created a table

Posted 04-28-2020 09:55
    I think the only way for you to do that would be if you had audit logs running but I assume if you had that you would not be here asking this question. It can give you a general idea of what a user is doing. I know it can show if you create an app so I assume it shows table creation as well but I'm not positive.

I would contact Quick Base support and ask them if they are able to tell you who created that table. They may have more data behind the scenes.

There is also the option of just asking people. Put the question out there and I would think someone would say they made the table. It doesn;t sound like they lost a bunch of data or had any issue but I don't know the whole story either.

• 3.  RE: Who created a table

Posted 04-28-2020 10:06
    You might also check who the record owner is of the first record in the table. Typically when a table is created the table creator will create at least a test record. Maybe that record is still there.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Who created a table

Posted 04-28-2020 12:35
    Hi Mannie,

Austin and Mark would be correct that there isn't a built in log on the table itself to tell you who created that table. Instead you would usually need to use a technique like Mark suggested where you see who first used the table to create records or like Austin suggested if you have Audit logs you can see if the action is captured there or reach out to the Care team. If the table was created relatively recently they might be able to figure out who created it, but if it is a table that has existed for a long time that may have passed out of records. You can create a case with our Care team either by clicking on Support where it appears in the upper right hand corner here in Community or when in the product by clicking on the question mark (?) icon that appears in the tool bar at the upper right hand corner of the screen in Quick Base and certainly let me know if you have any trouble create a case.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base