Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Open Doc by button click, save updated doc.

Posted 01-12-2021 14:06
    Hey Everyone,

I was trying to research this one on the forum and wasn't able find quite what I was looking for so figured I'd see if anyone had any experience with this. Here is my challenge, I have an employee that has tabs for 4 different documents that Administrators may or may not use. For example, Employee performance review, Job status change, termination report. etc. I'm wondering if there is a way to make a button that contains each of these documents, when you click the button, the doc opens and you can feel out as needed, when saved, it can be saved in a different section of "filled out documents" for that employee. 

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Alex

------------------------------
    Alex Bennett

• 2.  RE: Open Doc by button click, save updated doc.

Posted 01-12-2021 16:19
    Like, an actual Word document or a form in Quick Base? If you're referring to an actual Word document, you'll want to look into Exact Forms + by Juiced Technologies.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: Open Doc by button click, save updated doc.

Posted 01-12-2021 16:24
    Alex,
    Natively there is a way to click a link to open a Word Doc template.  But then the user would need to save the form "somewhere" and then upload to Quick Base just like any other file attachment.

Or yes, go the Juiced way with their Exact Plus Forms add in where you type the data into a Quick Base record and the field data gets merged into a final document on Word or PDF format and automatically attached to the Quick Base record..

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com