Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Copying Records

Posted 10-24-2019 16:13
    Hi,
    I'm trying to copy a record in my audit db so that a second audit can be done for that same claim (auto insurance company).  However, it appears that none of the fields with a relationship to another table are being copied over.  And there is no option in the properties for that field to auto fill when copied.  Is this a limitation?

We are trying to prefill many of the fields for a second audit of the same claim and copying that info would make it much easier.  Maybe another way to do this?

Thanks,
    Joe

------------------------------
    Joseph Solnosky

• 2.  RE: Copying Records

Posted 10-25-2019 10:02
    Edited by Evan Martinez 10-25-2019 10:01
    Hi Joseph,

If you look at the reference field for the relationships you want to copy you should see the option to Copy the values in the reference field available under the  "Copy this Record" to add a new Record checkbox. If you copy over the reference fields for each relationship then any lookup fields should also copy over for and. Summary fields on the other hand would not automatically unfortunately, as they are being pulled up from related child records and those can only be tied to one parent record. I hope that suggestion is helpful.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base