Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  3rd Party Users getting Invalid E-mail address notification

Posted 12-22-2020 14:39

I have a third party user that is an external user to our QuickBase application; they registered using an email that is not associated with the QB domain. They were able to register successfully and login once registered. However, they are now getting a message saying their "username" is invalid and are unable to login and reset their password. 

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Should I just remove them from the app completely and add them back in?

------------------------------
    Niraj Shah

• 2.  RE: 3rd Party Users getting Invalid E-mail address notification

Posted 12-22-2020 16:41

This is actually a common issue with users that are new to Quick Base. Often, the problem is that the user is simply entering an email address or password they THINK is correct, but is often a letter/digit off. I would start by reviewing the email address that is in the system and checking with the user that they are using this exact email. If they have setup an actual Username, verify that with them as well. Using either of these should allow them to login with their correct password.

If they confirm the email/Username with you, they should be able to request a password reset directly from the Login page. If not, you can submit a support request and ask that their password be reset (if you have permission to manage your Quick Base account).

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: 3rd Party Users getting Invalid E-mail address notification

Posted 12-23-2020 06:09
    Thanks, Blake. That's exactly what it was, appreciate the response. 

Thanks,

Niraj