Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Dashboard Reports By Role Restriction

• 1.  Dashboard Reports By Role Restriction

Posted 20 days ago
    I have a unique situation where our company processes work for multiple healthcare providers.  One of the roles I have is the "Client" Role which has access to the "Client Dashboard" that shows only their client workload.  The issue I have is we now have a "Client" that has multiple clients that they do work for that we are assisting them with (Alternate Provider Names).  They have asked that I create a dashboard that outlines each of their client's workload.  How can I accomplish this without doing the following:

• Creating a new role
    • Creating a new dashboard for each of those clients (Alternate Provider Names).
    • Having to change custom settings that are detecting 'Current User Is'...

Company Name: XYZ Home Medical
    Alternate Provider Names: ABC Home Medical; HIJ Home Medical; LMN Home Medical
    Use Case: XYZ would like to see a dashboard of information for each of those Alternate Providers

------------------------------
    Danaya Bryant
    Business Analyst
    The van Halem Group
    Atlanta GA
    danaya@vanhalemgroup.com

• 2.  RE: Dashboard Reports By Role Restriction

Posted 20 days ago
    Danaya,

How do you  have your Users tied to the business objects in the application?   Here is an example of one way to let the User view records from a relationship where the permissions are derived from multiple parent records.

On the dashboard for the User, you would display a Case report the Related Client = Provider Related Client.
    I am sure this does perfectly reflect your architecture.  Hopefully it can help guide how you put together your structure.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH