Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Formulas Help

• 1.  Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    Hello, I am trying to get a checkbox to indicate if a vendor is open or closed. I have imputed the vendor times so my variables are like Monday start time, Monday end time ect. The only thing I have figured out is how to get duration. Any help would be great. Thank you

------------------------------
    Efren Torres

• 2.  RE: Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    Can you elaborate? Your question refers to a checkbox and then at the end a duration.  Perhaps an example would help.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    Yes I am making the mistake of trying to do like [Monday start time} - [Monday end time]. This gives me a duration. Thats not what I need at all so Im lost. I need the checkbox to change based on weather the current time is between the start and closed time and also be able to change day to day

Efren Torres

• 4.  RE: Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    So to be clear, do you want to check if the current time is between those start and end times, or if the time in a field or perhaps the date time that the record was created was during the open times?  I have given a formula below to give you what you asked for, but it may not be what you need. :)

Also, I am not sure what you want to do on weekends? Are you also open on Saturday and Sunday?

var timeofday Time  = ToTimeOfDay(Now());
    var number DayNumber = DayOfWeek(Today());

$DayNumber = 1 and $Time >= [Monday start time] and and $Time <= [Monday end time]
    or
    $DayNumber = 2 and $Time >= [Tuesday start time] and and $Time <= [Tuesday end time]
    or
    $DayNumber = 3 and $Time >= [Wednesday start time] and and $Time <= [Wednesday end time]
    or
    $DayNumber = 4 and $Time >= [Thursday start time] and and $Time <= [Thursday end time]
    or
    $DayNumber = 5 and $Time >= [Friday start time] and and $Time <= [Friday end time]
    or
    $DayNumber = 6 and $Time >= [Saturday start time] and and $Time <= [Saturday end time]
    or
    $DayNumber = 0 and $Time >= [Sunday start time] and and $Time <= [Sunday end time]

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    Edited by Efren Torres 29 days ago
    First off Thank you for your help! Second, we are open 24/7 and I want the check box to check if it is between the start and end time and not check the box outside of the start and end time. I also want it to take into account the day of the week because if the vendor is closed on the weekends I dont want the checkbox to be checked either. I was trying to use if statements but from your formula it looks like I wasn't even close. 

As far as the formula you did post I got an error(expecting Bool) on line 4 after the second AND

Efren Torres

• 6.  RE: Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    Please post your formula and the error message when you saved.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Formulas Help

Posted 29 days ago
    Oh, remove one if the double and and in each line

Mark Shnier (YQC)