Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Dynamic Filters on New Dashboards

Posted 01-11-2022 15:42
    Edited by Jeff Peterson 01-11-2022 15:42
    Is there a way to make the dynamic filter default to 'current user'?  

I have individual users and they are also part of a team,  but I want the dashboard view to default to the current user unless they change it.  I cannot see a way to do this currently.   Right now every time you load the dashboard,  it defaults to *clear* so they have to select themselves each time they load it.

Am I missing something?

------------------------------
    Jeff Peterson

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Filters on New Dashboards

Posted 02-07-2024 12:49

I would second this request. I would like to create a master dashboard with a filter. I would like to be able to put a link to the dashboard that pre-populates teh filter when the dashboard opens. In my case it is a Job Status dashboard. When the user clicks on the link associated with the Job I would like the dashboard to open with the filter for the job filled in and active.

Thank You,

David Revel

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Filters on New Dashboards

Posted 02-07-2024 13:10

At this point the filters don't have a default setting that you can apply. The best you can do is pre-filter the reports to that user which would mean they can't access the full data set, so you could create one dash that has just theirs, and then give them a button to the full data set but the filter won't co-mingle those for you at this point. 

Chayce Duncan

• 4.  RE: Dynamic Filters on New Dashboards

Posted 02-07-2024 13:13

That was the work around I ended up using, but it would still be better if you set defaults for the filters.

Jeff Peterson