Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Pipelines Sharepoint

Posted 03-30-2020 08:17
    I have been playing around with pipelines and now the sharepoint pipeline has been released.  Does anyone know how to create a pipeline to take a file attachment from QuickBase to a folder in SharePoint?  I can't seem to get it to work and this would really help our procurement process if it was possible.

------------------------------
    Amber Polston

• 2.  RE: Pipelines Sharepoint

Posted 03-30-2020 12:12
    The SharePoint channel for Pipelines does not allow you to move files from one system to another. The channel is designed to allow you to integrate data from Quick Base and other 3rd party systems with information in SharePoint Lists. A SharePoint List is simply a table of data - like an excel spreadsheet or Quick Base table - with rows (Items) and columns (metadata) that is stored in SharePoint. You can use the SharePoint channel for Pipelines to trigger basic actions on Items in a List (create, update or delete), or to update data in another system when an Item is added/updated/deleted. Since SharePoint document repositories are also considered Lists, you can use the channel to trigger actions involving the metadata for these Items, but you cannot edit the contents of a file (i.e. edit a word document or spreadsheet), or move files from one system to another.

It seems like this functionality would be valuable to you, so please consider posting your feedback in our UserVoice forum!

Graham Leto

• 3.  RE: Pipelines Sharepoint

Posted 08-24-2021 09:54

Hello @Amber Polston, did you already created UserVoice for this case?

I am also looking for this solution to not consume 500 MB for one table to fast.

One good quality attachment with picture ​may have 5-10 MB so 50 records and you are out for space :(

Adam Krzyzanek

• 4.  RE: Pipelines Sharepoint

Posted 08-24-2021 10:00
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 08-24-2021 10:00
    Adam, there is a difference between file attachment space and data space.  The table limits are 500 MB for data.  That would be about 1 million records having 50 scalar (data entry) fields per record.

The limit for file attachment space is Realm wide and is a much higher limit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Pipelines Sharepoint

Posted 08-24-2021 10:11
    Thank you very much for letting me know. I was not using attachments field not only because of storage size but also mostly that for SharePoint it gives better accessibility and edition possibility.

But in this case I will check with my Realm manager what is our attachment storage size.

Adam Krzyzanek

• 6.  RE: Pipelines Sharepoint

Posted 08-24-2021 10:31
    If you have a very significant file attachment space required there are third-party add-ons for example from Juiced that do a very nice job of storing these in Amazon S3 which basically has unlimited storage at a dirt cheap price.

https://www.juicedtech.com/amazon3-basic

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com