Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  "Attempting to add a non-unique value to a field marked "unique" error on a QB Connected Table

Posted 01-13-2021 10:30
    My connected table has been erroring out on the hourly table refreshes due to the following error:

The error was: Trying to add a non-unique value to a field marked unique - Your import data has duplicate values for the following unique fields Field name: "

I was able to verify that the field in question does not have any duplicate values in both the source and destination table. In addition, the destination table already has the records in question within the table, so if anything, the records should be updated but there shouldn't be an error on the refresh. 

Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue? Not certain of what next steps to try aside from reaching out to QB Support.

------------------------------
    Niraj Shah

• 2.  RE: "Attempting to add a non-unique value to a field marked "unique" error on a QB Connected Table

Posted 01-13-2021 19:47
    Is the same field unique in both the origin table and the synced table? Or is the unique field only in the synced table?

If only in the synced table, check to see if there are multiple blank entries that are trying to sync. A duplicate blank will register as non-unique.

Mike Tamoush

• 3.  RE: "Attempting to add a non-unique value to a field marked "unique" error on a QB Connected Table

Posted 01-14-2021 07:25
    Hi Mike,

Yes. The same field is unique and required in both the origin and synced table. 

I submitted a support ticket to QB and they couldn't figure out the issue either and are escalating the ticket.

• 4.  RE: "Attempting to add a non-unique value to a field marked "unique" error on a QB Connected Table

Posted 07-14-2022 01:14
    Did you ever find a resolution?  I'm running into the same issue

Sean Boat-Moore
    Manager SMB Development
    Project Management Office and Quality Control
    NCR Corporation
    sean.boat-moore@ncr.com | ncr.com