Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Trouble getting Report Link fields to work

Posted 02-03-2020 09:08
    I have a summary report in a "Workstation" table and a Report Link field in an "Assessment" table. Currently the Report Link field is set to match the Record ID in the Assessment table with the Related-Assessment from the Workstations, however this is not returning anything back in the Assessments table. I don't see any other way this could be setup. Is there something I am missing?

------------------------------
    Chris Swirtz

• 2.  RE: Trouble getting Report Link fields to work

Posted 02-03-2020 10:00
    Is your summary report unfiltered?  Typically it should be unfiltered.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Trouble getting Report Link fields to work

Posted 02-03-2020 10:09

Hey Mark,

Actually, it did have a filter in it. However, I went in and removed the filter and did not change the display on the target table as it still blank.

Chris Swirtz

• 4.  RE: Trouble getting Report Link fields to work

Posted 02-03-2020 10:30
    Hi Chris,

I would recommend checking your relationships and make sure that Related-Assessments is the right field for the report link to be set against. Sometimes when creating a relationship users have to delete them and start over and don't clean up all the pieces. So your live relationship might be using Related-Assessments2 but your report link might be set the Related-Assessments field that is actually blank because it isn't par of the live relationship. I have seen that trip people up a few times when a relationship was added more then once, etc.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 5.  RE: Trouble getting Report Link fields to work

Posted 02-03-2020 12:53
    Chris,
    One way to debug this is to choose a parent record that you know has children.  Look at the configuration of the Report Link field to see which field is on the left - the field on the Parent record that you are matching to and then look at an example record and see what value is on that field.

The look at the configuration for what field you are matching to on the child table and then look at a child record to see what is actually in that field.  If what is in that field is the same as what's in the matching field on the parent record, then it will work.

Is there a Parent Child Relationship here?  You do not need one to have a Report Link field, but it would help me help you debug.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Trouble getting Report Link fields to work

Posted 02-04-2020 12:09
    This has been resolved, thank you.

Chris Swirtz