Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Related To Reports

Posted 09-18-2020 12:17
    Hi, 

I have 3 questions related to Reports

1. When you create a report and if the report filter field is set to Ask the user while firing the report, then is it possible to
         set any one default value which is present in the list.
    2. Before firing the report If there are multiple fields which are set as Ask the user then is it possible to filter a field lookup
        on the basis of the previously selected field.
    3. After a report is displayed if you want to filter data on the basis of any of the filters, is it possible to keep those filters
        intact so that we can fire the report thru the URL or display the report on the App Page instead of firing the same again
        and again and then applying the filter.

Regards
    Gunsham

------------------------------
    Gunsham Lakhiani

• 2.  RE: Related To Reports

Posted 09-18-2020 12:27
    The answer to #1 and #2 is no.
    I don't understand the question in #3 so I can't answer that.
    ​​​

An alternative to #1 & #2 is to create helper table with just 1 record in it.  Say the table is called Report runner.  When you create a single record it will be [Record ID#] of 1.

Then make a relationships to your data table based on a formula reference field called [Link to Report Runner (=1)] with a formula of 1.

Then using relationships get your <ask the user> fields organized along with any Conditional drop downs, and then look up those down to the data table.   Make a report that filters on those looked up selections.

Put a report link on the Report Runner record.

So the user will edit the Record ID#] = 1 and on save display the embedded report in view mode.

'​​​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Related To Reports

Posted 09-19-2020 11:24
    Hi Mark,

Point No 1
    I don't need one single record, what i am trying to say here is that I would like to have one option to be set as default out of the multiple options available in the ask the user and if i need to change i should be able to select the desired one. 

Point No 2-Example
    a. I have a field called Type as Multichoice which has 2 options A and B 
    b. I have another field called Name. 

I create one record with  Type as A and Name as ABC
    I created second record with Type as B and Name as XYZ

Now when i create a report with Type and Name both as Ask the user. So when i select Type as A the Name should get filtered on the basis of Type A which is not happening as it shows ABC and XYZ both in the drop down where as it should show ABC only which is of Type A

I hope with the above example you will have more clarity as to what i am looking for.

Regards
    Gunsham

Regards
    Gunsham

Gunsham Lakhiani

• 4.  RE: Related To Reports

Posted 09-19-2020 11:33
    I understand what you are wanting.  Quick Base will not do that.  So rather than just say "no way", I offered a suggestion above how to get similar behaviour you are looking for with a different approach.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Related To Reports

Posted 09-18-2020 13:30
    For number 3 if I am understanding you correctly, filter the report as you want with Dynamic Filters and then copy the URL and when you visit that URL it should land you on the report with the same filters applied. The URL changes constantly based on what you have selected. I am not 100% sure that will work for displaying a report on a home page unless you embedded the entire site with an iframe. But you could test it. Making it a button would for sure take them to the report with filters applied.

• 6.  RE: Related To Reports

Posted 09-19-2020 11:27
    Hi Austin,

Yes, your understanding is correct but i do not know how to embed the site and how to create a button. For the button will it work with the Widgets Button on the Customise Page?

Regards
    Gunsham

Gunsham Lakhiani