Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to Omit Low Values

Posted 12-31-2019 08:51

Hi there,

I've got a report I run that shows me certain tickets for a given day.

However, I don't want to include in the graph any count which results in less than 5.

Here is what my graph looks like now:

I'm trying to figure out how to remove those low values as they are outliers and skew the graph a bit.

------------------------------
    Drew Woods

• 2.  RE: How to Omit Low Values

Posted 12-31-2019 09:12
    Hello Drew, 

In the graph report, you should be able to select a filter and tell it to only show when the number of tickets is great than 5. 

Brandon Drake
    JHI Group
    Monroeville OH

• 3.  RE: How to Omit Low Values

Posted 12-31-2019 09:16
    Drew,

Is this a Line Graph?

If so you can add a filter to require that the value is greater than a specific threshold.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 4.  RE: How to Omit Low Values

Posted 12-31-2019 09:47
    Drew,
    no problem. But you will need to first make a summary field to a new table. 

Use excel to load up a new table called Days with all the day fir the next 20 years. 

Set the key field to be the date. 

Make a relationship to your data  table and let it create a new field called Related Date.  Then rename that field to be called [Date mirror] and make it a formula field equal to your date field. 

The reason for going through this extra step is to not disturb the way your dates are completed now in your data table, where there is a calendar drop-down. 

Then on that relationship make a summary of the number of data records for that date and look it up down to the child data records table.  Call it # data records for this date. 

Now, you have a field to hold Ok your chart report to to use as a filter. 
    ​​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: How to Omit Low Values

Posted 12-31-2019 10:42
    Drew,

Does the filter not solve your issue?    Is the Y Axis value a Summary field or real data in the table? Can you expand on the architecture of your application?  Is the addition of the new Date Table to your app as Mark recommended creating the visualization your end users need?

I am trying to understand the dilemma more clearly and how to navigate the Quick Base reporting engine to get the desired result.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH